Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Do Not Play Favorites ...

I do have five kids. And I do try to be consistent with discipline and my interactions with them. Their personalities, however, tend to require individualized treatment plans. There are some character traits that require ... eh, shall we just say, some honing. But I honestly strive to be fair and consistent. However, when I look into the face of my youngest, something in me goes to mush. Somewhere, deep inside, I actually ache. My husband says my eyes swirl in their sockets and I am transfixed by this little guy. But I just think it has something to do with him being the last of the babies, and my attempt to relish his littleness while he is still ... little!







I cannot imagine looking into a face such as his and NOT believing in God. He personifies perfection. He is beautiful, and sweet, and kind, ... and just a wee bit naughty. And he loves me sooooo much - "one hundwed, milwion, milwion, twenty-eight three thousand" was the exact count last night. And when he grows up, he either wants to be a policeman - 'cause they get to drive fast and give people tickets - or he wants to work at Target to get a discount on Pokemon cards. You got to admit, the boy has aspirations! So, while I do not play favorites, right now, secretly, he is the one who melts me the most.

P.S. If you click on the picture, he is almost life-sized. And you can see his big, blue eyes ... And his little cheeks ... Oh, and how his hair ... Forgive me!!!

No comments: