Man is not the product of chance. Man is made in the image of God ...On the basis of this revelation - the Bible and the revelation of God through Christ - there is not ultimate silence in the universe, and there are certainties of human values and moral values and categories to distinguish between illusion and fantasy. And there is a reason why man is man. But not for these modern people with a humanist position. Francis A Schaeffer, How Should We Then Live?
Friday, October 9, 2009
What if It's the Treatment That is Causing the Sickness ...
I have, on more than one occasion, questioned why I bother with this blog. What started out as a means of chronicling our homeschool journey has evolved into a catharsis of my soul during this trial of faith and strength. But, this week, as the initial ... dumbness slowly ebbed from my mind, and the direness of the situation with Emma took hold, the thought that, somewhere in my mutterings, I may have chronicled something ... some missing piece of the puzzle that might just hold the key to what was happening, what was ... wrong. Because it just does not make sense - Emma thrives for a bit, then hits the proverbial wall. So I read and re-read ... slept a bit and read again. And sure enough, I have documented the trend of Emma to fail each time they supplement her formula with a fortifier. I have copious amounts of notes to bring with me to the hospital tomorrow, in the hopes that the doctors - the revolving-door doctors who may just see "Nec - 4 times" on her chart - might listen to the ramblings of just the mom. It has to be the fortifier. It is there in the chronology. And if it is, then the disease does not exist in my child's intestines, but is being caused by an outside agent, an agent that is not necessary, not vital to her survival. And that, my friends, is much better than the alternative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment